Keep the leftovers from your barbeque party the day before and utilize them to make fresh and tasty meals. Many individuals think that beef brisket tastes better the second time around! Here are some delicious leftover beef brisket recipes you should attempt right now if you don’t know what to do with your leftover beef meal.
Leftover Brisket Smoked Chili
What you need:
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- Olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup brisket
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teapsoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a cast-iron Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Combine well. Combine crushed tomatoes, roasted tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, Worcestershire sauce, and brisket in a medium mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly to incorporate all ingredients.
Cover the dutch oven and cook for 30 minutes over a preheated smoker (250-275 degrees). Remove the cover and give the chili a good swirl. Continue smoking uncovered for another two hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
Spicy Beef Brisket Quesadillas
What you need:
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded leftover beef brisket
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 pcs. 8-inch flour tortillas
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the bell pepper and onion until slightly tender.
Combine the chipotle peppers, red pepper flakes, paprika, and salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the steak until it is fully combined with the remaining ingredients. After removing from the pan, transfer to a bowl.
Prepare quesadillas by layering 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup brisket mixture, and 1/4 cup cheese on each tortilla. Add a second tortilla on top.
Clean the pan and re-melt the remaining butter.
Cook each quesadilla until the cheese has melted and both sides of the tortillas are golden brown.
Make the most of your meat by trying these leftover brisket dishes!