There’s no better way to wow your guests at your baby shower than with this mouthwatering lemon dessert. For this occasion, it’s one of my favorite dishes, and each of your guests will like it because of its distinct flavor.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 Eggs
- 3 cups flour
1.5 cup butter
2.5 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
Servings per recipe: 12
Directions for making Delicious lemon squares:
- Put the butter in a large basin and let it soften.
- Combine sifted flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 cup icing sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Take a 12-inch square pan and oil it well with a layer of butter. Press hard on the mixture once it has been spread out in the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together well.
- Add 5 tablespoons of sugar, lemon juice, and baking powder to another bowl. Incorporate the aforesaid combination of eggs and sugar into the mixture by stirring well before adding it.
- Pour a homogeneous mixture of the aforementioned ingredients over the cooked layer.
- At 350 degrees, bake it for another 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool completely.
- Cut them into little pieces and sprinkle them with the remaining icing sugar.
Slices of lemon, raspberry, or cloudberry work well as garnishes. If you choose not to use lemon in this recipe, you may substitute orange squares. To make your lovely orange squares, just substitute orange juice for the lemon juice in the recipe. It’s ready to make your guests want to come over with a simple garnish of thin, circular slices of orange.